Wednesday, February 29, 2012

For Him

Several days ago I found myself sitting just putting my thoughts together. Some would describe it as; just getting all my ducks in a row! Suddenly an overpowering thought pushed everything else aside! That thought was; ask Him what you can do for Him! Never one time could I ever remember, in any of my religious experiences, having that thought suggested to me! Give that some thought! What could I do for HIM!!!
In all the prayers and blessings, that I could remember, it was always give me this, do this for me or do this for them. I can’t recall ever hearing one “do for Him”. Most of those prayers and blessings was people telling Him just what they expected of Him! What happened to that “His Will” part of the blessing? Has it been all but forgotten by some? Could some religious people profess to know as much or even more than God?
Now, let me get back to my overpowering thought. As I sat there I ASK THAT QUESTION! Surprisingly I received an answer! The first thing I was told was “keep your faith”, not my religious faith, but my faith in ME! I was told several other things that I will explain in future blogs. There also were several things just between Him and me.
I’m still trying to digest the fact of being told the importance of my faith in myself. Let’s dig a little deeper into this faith, faith in our self, thing. The instant we were born, when we took that first breath for our self, we had nothing else but faith in our self! Along with our second breath we discovered this new world was already trying to control that faith in our self; we were being compared with every other new born. We were a big or small baby; we looked like Mom or Dad, or our Mom didn’t know who the Father was, and the visiting preacher labeled the child a bastard!
The rest of the world has already started building a shrinking box to keep both he and his thoughts and his dreams in! Were they “good parents or bad parents?” If they were bad parents, “they” said the kid would only grow up to be no good! They could be right! It would be hard to have faith in yourself with most of your world trying to stomp you into the ground! Remember that preacher that was so good to visit the mother in the hospital, but then hung that awful label around the baby’s neck? He just pointed a finger at the the same youngster, now a teenager and told him that he was going to Hell! Then he wondered why he never again saw him in church again. Now the preacher hung a new anchor around the boy’s neck, he called him a heathen! And, the man calls himself “a man of God!” Isn’t he supposed to bring people in, not drive them away?
Today’s prisons are full of those “throwaway kids turned into throwaway adults”! Most of them are there today because someone robbed THEM! Someone, or many, took away their faith in themselves!
If you happened to read my Lighthouse blog a few weeks back I have a selfish confession to make; I told you that each time I look at it I can hear the song “This Little Light of Mine.” That is a half truth! I also look at it as a monument to my faith in me! My impossible dream! My dream that came true!
I came away, from my talk with my friend, believing that faith in our selves is as important in our life as any other part of living!

No comments:

Post a Comment