Thursday, February 9, 2012

Interpretation Two

This seems to be a subject that holds an interest for many. As I’ve stated before; several, maybe millions, can read the same printed word and get almost as many different interpretations! Many times we hear: “it’s there in black and white! How can you read it any other way?”
But this interpretation really took my breath away! I just heard about a Christian pastor that instructs his flock to only send boy children to college! Never send the girls! It makes me wonder if; each time God creates a girl genius, does that pastor point his finger towards Heaven and shout “God, you did wrong?”
Some religious teachers make me wonder if they have overdosed on stupid pills before they walk before their congregations and start their yelling and pounding! It also makes me wonder how smart those members of that congregation can be to come time after time and listen to, and believe things like that!
Think about all the smart kids that have had their minds ground into the dirt, in the name of religion, when they could have been contributing to those around them, and to their community. Please tell me; how you can look your girl child in the eye and tell her that she could have been a teacher, a doctor or even the president except for your religious beliefs?
It is difficult to help someone improve their standards, when it is their religion that is blocking them from knowing their real potential!
I believe that each person’s belief is based on their interpretation of their religion. The “herd of sheep” religion went out about the time World War 2 ended. Today’s people are far more free thinking. We are more educated, more traveled, and far more questioning.
We are not satisfied with “It’s right, because I say it’s right!” Or, “that’s what it says in the Book!” Today we live in an information world; information that is just a call, a click, a channel change, or a question away! Many of yesterday’s interpretations are just that, yesterday!
I believe that it is VERY WRONG to hold anyone’s learning back in the name of religion. Let each kid spread their own wings and fly! Of course what you’re reading is MY interpretation!
Each individual must learn to educate their brain to think and learn for themselves. Not to feel that they always have to be on a leash held by someone else!
As early as my grade school, I often found myself with questions in my heart about things my religious authorities were telling me. When I would go to others for understanding, even there I often found myself with more questions than answers. And what bothered me the most was; both my questions and their answers were based on the same book! How could that be?
That was when I started asking My Father in Heaven some of my questions. It took me a while to learn to listen but I was getting answers to my questions! Instead of those many different interpretations, suddenly I was getting answers that I could understand, from my God!
I have always been very selective with my questions. I never ask hurtful questions. Each of my questions must be important enough to me to take them to my God. Somewhere in our relationship I started referring to Him as My Friend, as I still do today.
During my lifetime I have learned that degrees, certificates, titles and books are all subject to interpretation, but those answers from My Friend are not! ____________________________________________________________
Please, continue to send comments!!!!! I read each one but the numbers are beyond me to reply! Each one is important to me! Thank YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment