Wednesday, August 18, 2010

God wants us to smile

I know you wonder how Bob comes up with some of his stuff. Before I start, I’m going to give you an idea of how I came up with this one.
I work many hours each day on the computer and all I see is that big square eye looking back at me. This morning I had been moving the mouse and pushing buttons for about an hour when Sandra asked me if I would like to get away from the computer for awhile and go with her to Walmart.
I agreed and we set off for the store. After I parked I decided to stay in the car while she shopped. I like to just sit and think and watch people. As I sat there several little things made me smile, then the thought broke through, ”God wants us to smile”. I consider a smile a blessing I can give and also a blessing I can receive. When I smile I believe My Heavenly Father is also smiling as I know He is always by my side.
God puts smiles there to make us feel good. I was setting in the car (on the sunny side) with the outside temperature at 88 degrees, the windows were down and there was a nice breeze. Then a thought came into my heart; how many times had I smiled in the short time I had been parked there?
I started reflecting; I had looked into the clouds and I saw the image of a dog-then I smiled. A familiar face passed my window-I smiled, they smiled back. An unfamiliar face passed my window-I smiled, they to smiled back. I looked toward the door of the store as a man walked out, he was talking on a cell phone, he was talking with his hands as well as his voice-I smiled. An elderly lady drove round and round the parking lot looking for a place near the door. She must have driven ten miles before finding a place across from me. She got out, locked her door and went into the store. A few minutes later out she came with only a frosty bottle of water in her shopping cart-I smiled.
It was while sitting in that parking lot, that while thinking back I could not begin to count the many times I had smiled or been smiled at. It was then I realized that God wanted me to smile because he had given me so many opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment