Friday, April 15, 2011

Our Past

Our past is just what we make of it. The Bible gives us ways to be forgiven for the many mistakes we have made but it seems as though we find it hard for each of us to forgive ourselves.
I look on the past as a great learning experience. I’m sure you’ve heard people say “I just keep making those same mistakes over and over again”. What they are saying is they aren’t observant or smart enough to learn.
For my look at my past I stand with my back pressed tightly into a corner. I look at my past as that small little triangle behind me. Then I think that’s my past, I can’t change it, even God can’t change it. Then I look ahead, both sides and in front of me that’s all my future. I’m certainly not going to let that small triangle of my past spoil all of my hopes and dreams of the future. The things that I haven’t learned from my past by this time I’m not going to learn, so be it. I’m just not going to let those tragedies in the past overwhelm all the great things I know I’m going to experience in the future.
I’ve handed all of my past mistakes to My Father in Heaven and I know He has forgiven me for them. So now I have no reason to let them spoil the many blessings I know I have yet to receive.
I always try to keep those memories that make me smile as I look back on them. The ones that made me cry? Oh they’re all His now.
I know many people that can’t see today, let alone tomorrow. Somehow they have found a way to let the past completely block out their future.
Some folks that have lost loved ones feel that their life is over. If God would have intended for their life to be over He would have taken them too. Instead of crying “Why not me Lord” why not thank Him for the many blessings He has in store for you. You have to remember who authored each person’s Book of Life and that book is not yours to change.
Don’t be the one complaining about the rain and dark skies when over at the side God has placed a beautiful rainbow just for you to see. Life goes on, let it happen, don’t let a few negative things spoil an otherwise positive beautiful day.
Don’t let the past hang a dark curtain in front of your future. Remember the past is past, gone, never to return. If it is still a mountain in your life ask God to show you the way to climb it, or at least a way around it.
All you really have to do is again back yourself tightly into that corner. Hold your hand where the back of your head was, then you decide if you’re going to let that small triangle YOUR PAST (that you cannot control) determine the rest of your life that you can control.

No comments:

Post a Comment