Thursday, January 19, 2012

Attitude

At the start of this week I made up my mind that I was going to make this the BEST WEEK OF MY LIFE! As I started looking at those coming days I realized that; I was exhausted, I hurt all over, Sandra was hurting, my credit card was full, my checking account was empty, and unfriendly expensive sounds were coming from under the hood of my car!
Then I thought; all of those things had been given to me so that I could improve upon them!
Of course my being a brainwashed American human; the first thing I thought of was my wheels! So---when I took the car to the dealership and they told me the price for the repair, it took a moment or two to start breathing again! But, it was repairable! Then I started to realize how blessed I was because; as I turned the corner, going to the dealership, I had passed a war vet, one who had offered his life to his country, my country and yours. He now stood there homeless and begging on that corner! He unknowingly had helped me. He made me realize just how good I had things! It seems as though any time that I start to feel sorry for myself, my God always shows me someone in much worse shape than me. He helps me realize how much I really have!
Instead of standing around wringing our hands and asking; Why me God, why me? Give thanks for being shown ways we can improve what we have!
It is of no interest to me, if my cup is half full or half empty. I’m going to drink every last drop and savor it all.
My Grandma was an attitude person. I can remember her pointing someone out to me and then telling me that person had a bad attitude and that would cause them to have a hard life. In all my many talks with her she never mentioned her schooling, but now I realize that she was the smartest person in my life.
As I go deeper into this blog, I’m continually being alerted to how important our faith in ourselves is. That faith certainly affects our attitude, the way we look and feel about ourselves! While working in these blogs, I find that my eyes are being opened more and more to the many things that are God given.
It surprises me how many times people who know nothing about us, feel it is their calling to change us. And, it’s us that let it happen!
Just what is this attitude thing? It’s how we live and look upon our lives. And, if we let it, we can change it as fast as a snap of the finger! Many times we let, or blame others, for doing the snapping!
Yes, they have attitude pills! They’re called anti depressant pills. Sandra just mentioned that she has yet to see opinion pills! I guess that sooner or later we’ll have those too.
Sometimes I feel so good that I feel I may have overdosed on those pills! I’ve also noticed that music helps put me there!
Here it is; mid January, the sun is shining brightly, the sky is blue with bright white clouds, out of my window I can see a camellia bush covered with bright pink flowers! Oh yes, the temperature is seventy-one degrees! See, I told you it was going to be the best week of my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment