Sunday, January 1, 2012

Our Questions

I am starting this blog barely twelve hours into the New Year. I had planned on an entirely different subject for my New Year’s blog. But, things change in life, I look upon this as an almost “stop the presses” type of thing!
About two hours ago My Friend handed me a change of subject, so here goes!
If a person hasn’t ask a question, how can they ever expect to receive an answer? Thinking back, it makes me wonder if my asking questions could be one of the reasons for me being told to do this blog! I don’t think anyone ever finds me short on asking questions! And, I have never been afraid to go directly to the source for those answers.
That is how and why, many years ago, I started asking questions of My Father in Heaven. Think about this; you don’t ask questions if you don’t expect answers. Yes I expected Him to answer MY questions!
Now, think about this; I was just a kid in grade school and I was expecting GOD to answer MY questions!
I was getting some answers but I was so awe struck by those answers and being told that I was crazy by religious people that there was much I didn’t understand. Some even told me that God never speaks to little kids!
It was not until I started looking upon my God as my Friend, not someone to always be in fear of, that those answers came to me in a way that I could understand.
One of my hardest learning experiences was how to ask those questions. Just one misplaced word can change the meaning of the entire question!
Sometimes our entire life can be changed by our failure to ask a question or even to ask that question the wrong way! I’m sure many of us can look back to a “wish I had asked.” I’m sure I have!
Without questions and answers a mortal is no different than a grain of sand along the shore.
I’m going to make this New Year 2012 my year of the question. I never again want to hear someone say “but, Bob if you just would have asked!”

No comments:

Post a Comment