Sunday, June 12, 2011

Angels In Our Midst

For many years I’ve heard people talking about angels. For many of those years I thought they were talking about those pretty ladies, with wings, dressed in white and sometimes playing small harps. I had seen pictures of them in Holy books but I never met one in real life. I never really bothered to look to hard for one of them because once I looked at those pictures I couldn’t visualize a full grown person being able to fly with such small wings. In other words; I thought those angels were just made up things the artists made up to sell paintings.
It took me more years to change my minds picture of angels. I’ve found that my angels come in all shapes and colors. And, they’re not just pretty ladies. Some are men!
My next surprise was that I had more than one! I’ve heard people speak of their guardian angel, we should think more as our guardian angels. Yes, more than one! I’ve learned that God chooses the one best suited to do what He calls them to do at that time. His time!
That angel could be the person across the street, a best friend, someone you’ve only passed on occasion, or maybe someone you will never know. And I can assure you that they will not be recognizable by their halo or wings. That’s because they are all real people!
Have you ever had something happen and then you thought or said “I’m sure that was meant to be?” Think about this; who meant it to be? And, why was it done at just that time? Have you ever had something happen that couldn’t possibly happen? But, it did! How did it happen? Who made it happen when you couldn’t? I’ve had things happen to me in the past week, that there was no way that I could make happen. Yet they did! Did some angels, under Gods guidance, make them happen when I couldn’t? Could prayers be answered before they are ask? Have you ever thought to yourself; someone must have read my mind? Who do you think that someone was?
God makes some of our angels transparent. They do their deeds and never want to be known. I believe we should give our thanks and respect His wishes.
Angels are a lot like our other blessings, we must learn to open our eyes to see them. As I said before, my angels come in all shapes and sizes. Some come to help us move mountains while others are there to give us that needed touch or say the right words when our needs are greatest.
Of this I’m sure; those angels are always around us. You may find them wearing ragged jeans or five-hundred dollar dresses or suits. Don’t try to look for your next angel for he may not yet know that God has chosen him to be our next angel. But, God knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment