Thursday, September 2, 2010

Your To-Do List

I am a firm believer in”to-do” lists. One of my reasons is that I was born with an acute ability to put things off. With my list I can do my things, how I want, when I want and IF I want. I also believe each person should write their own list, don’t be lazy and let someone write YOUR LIFE for you.
Every time I think of my long departed mother I can close my eyes and hear each of the two lines she would throw at me almost daily throughout my life. They were: “Bob, what will the neighbors think?” (I really didn’t care what they thought) and the other was “Bob, what on earth were you thinking?” (All of my life she never had a thought of how my mind worked).
Each mind and each heart works differently, our thoughts are much like our finger prints, no two people think exactly the same way so please don’t expect others to think exactly like you do. So don’t rely on someone else to plan your life for you.
I’m reminded of a coach I had many years ago in high school. It seemed to me his sole purpose in life was to make me as miserable as he possibly could. He was continually “trying to make a real man out of me”. He never succeeded; he never could realize that I already was the man I wanted to be. He could never understand that I was happy to be the man I already was and I was not letting someone like him change me into someone I didn’t want to be.
My advice: write your own to-do list, walk to that drumbeat that is only in your heart. Always remember it’s your heart that’s full of your dreams and no one else can dream your dreams, and if you can dream it, you can do it. Quite often others will try to make us someone we’re not or worse someone we don’t want to be.

1 comment:

  1. just trying to make the comments work for Bob. (part of my to-do list)

    ReplyDelete